Sunday, November 28, 2010

Starbucks and more

Today was a happy day. I got my first Starbucks card! Looking back, and find it odd that I never got a Starbucks card before, considering that I've been an avid Starbucks drinker for 3+ years, but nevertheless, I'm satisfied to have my first :)

Pictures will come, I'm sure.

Thanksgiving: In the morning, I came downstairs, and not too long afterwards, was engaged in an intense game of Settlers of Catan with Brett and James. We played until around 12pm (we've been playing this game... like a lot) until Joel, Kimi, Elena and Aria arrived.

After that, I spent about an hour holding my new niece Aria as she fell asleep. She's an angel, and I rejoice as we add new members to our family. Bittersweet memories are made.

A little while later, the Fala family came over and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Sarah did an EXCELLENT job, with the help of Kimi and Mrs. Fala, and the whole family felt quite stuffed by the end. We ended by watching one of my favorite movies, "It's a Wonderful Life."

Yesterday morning, our family went over to the Edmonds house for breakfast, and afterward went Christmas tree hunting. We now have a beautiful, 13 foot noble fir tree in our living room. But we still have to decorate it.

In other news, I'm planning out an intensive school schedule to get my school work out of the way as soon as possible. My goal is a little intense, possibly impossible, but I'm trying to see if I can get everything out of the way to be ready by... Fall of 2011. We'll see. I have some praying and some planning to do :) Further bulletins as events warrant.

For now, Brett, Sarah and James are challenging me to another game of Settlers of Catan, so I must go and defend my dominance in the land... once again.

That's all for now! :)

Isaac Franklin

3 comments:

Kat said...

I love Settlers of Catan! :) Your niece is beautiful. And we always watch It's A Wonderful Life on Thanksgiving evening too! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

I love the Settlers of Catan!!

Shiloh Strang said...

Is "Settlers of Catan" anything like "Settlers of Canan"?

Our Daddy loves his Starbucks card.... :) He just got upgraded to a Gold Card a couple days ago. :)