Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I feel like I'm always saying this...

But so sorry for not posting for so long! I've had a crazy last few weeks, so please forgive me.

Since the film festival, debate and speech have taken over a large percentage of my life. I'll recap a bit:

On the 13th of November, we had the first debate round-robin of the year (hooray!). All but 2 Rainmaker teams were present, but out of those teams, only Ben and I were a varsity/varsity team. Pretty crazy. The tournament was held in Seattle, near Shoreline, and was just one day.

We (The Edmonds. Stephen Hellweg, Matthew Riegg, and myself) decided to be crazy and drive up the morning of, and drive back that night... Not a good idea.

We arrived about 15 minutes before the first round and scrambled to get ready in time.

In the end, the whole tournament was a great blessing, and Rainmakers placed in the following:

Novice Teams:

Cannon/Cannon: 8th place novice team

Cools/Winslow: 4th place novice team

James Moller: 1st place novice speaker

Varsity:

Edmonds/Harris: 2nd place team

Isaac Harris: 2nd place speaker

----

Since then, just a whole lot more debate!

Yesterday my brother Brett got in from school, and he'll be visiting for a week. He was rather tired yesterday and headed to bed early (while I was at debate giving a lecture on flowing) but today we were able to spend together talking and playing games: Quelf (which I horribly failed at) and Settlers of Catan (24 victory points! And all three metropolis's! :D)

This evening we followed our old family tradition of cutting apples for pie and listening to Oscar Brand's First Thanksgiving tape. The family is smaller, and in some ways it seems a little empty. But times change, and new memories will be created.

More to come!

Isaac Franklin

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! =D

Fred & Leon said...

I've recently discovered your blog, and am enjoying it quite a bit:)

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Alysha

Rachel J said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! As families change, children get older, and some members are no longer present at the table, there is always a strange feeling. But God is so wonderful to give new memories, new traditions, and more ways to be thankful each year!

God bless!
Rachel