Monday, July 12, 2010

A wonderful day

I'm so thankful for today. I've been needing a solid day out, completely away from the house.

This morning the whole family went to Edgefield and ate breakfast at the Black Rabbit restaurant. Edgefield is beautiful, an old building turned into a hotel and restaurant, huge, beautiful gardens, vineyards, and a 3 par golf course.

I would love to take my future wife here sometime :) Random fact.

After breakfast, the family headed off to Multnomah Falls for a while, but Alex and I stayed back and decided to play the 3 par course. We both are rather bad at golf, but it was fun, and we enjoyed heckling each other as we played. In the end our scores were nothing to brag about, as expected ;)

We came back home at around 3:00pm, and I took care of some emails. At around 4:30 we all hopped back into the car and headed off to India Oven, one of our family's favorite restaurants. I ordered Chicken Makhanwala (kind of a curry chicken served over rice). We ate and talked for over an hour, and then all caravanned over to Papa Haydn's for dessert. They have AMAZING desserts. I ordered Boccone Dolce, which is meringues layered with whipped cream and fresh berries. It's like eating heaven, I swear :)

We ate our desserts outside and then said goodbye to the Josh Harris family (they're leaving tomorrow morning.

After getting home, I spent the evening on Gmail, facebook, and getting my daily dose of NBA news :)

As well as talking to a dear friend.

All in all, a wonderful day :)

And a wonderful day is never without bucket loads of rain.

1 comment:

JournallyFiddler said...

Multnomah falls is like 20 minutes away from my grandma's house, and she used to take me there every summer. I was scared of the water fall. I was convinced a troll was living behind the waterfall that would stick it's arm out and grab me and eat me alive if I got too close. I'm pleased to say I outgrew that fear. :P

-Carsen