Monday, July 19, 2010

The days in review...

Well the last few days can really be boiled down into two things:

Speech + Debate, and Church picnic :)

Speech and Debate has been going pretty well. I've been spending a lot of time recently working on my duo, which is coming along really well. The story is very clever, which makes it difficult to interpret, but the payoff should be really good. It's an entertaining story :)

I think the part I'm looking forward to is teaching Christian how to speak with a british accent :D

Other than that, debate research is more of a study day-to-day thing. I'll add a couple pages to the brief every couple of days, when I get a chance to sit down and focus on it.

Apologetics has been neglected for awhile :P Which means I probably should get back to it... it's so hard juggling six events because you get into duo-mode, or debate-mode, and you don't want to break out of it, but you must :P :)

Funny realization: Sometimes, just the knowledge of someone important in your life being closer to you is enough to lift your spirits. Even if you don't get the see them :)

The SDA church that our church rents from needed to use the facility on Sunday afternoon, so we moved the shared meal over to the Ko's house. Besides a good lunch (which is appreciated after no breakfast) the young people spent several hours playing volleyball, another sport I really enjoy.

May I just say real quick that the combination of Ben and Isaac is the bomb. Do not mess with us ;)

I just finally got around to listening to the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. I really, really like it. It's a very... fitting song :)

As I type this, I realize I have a lot of planning for this late summer and fall (debate stuff, possible Teenpact trips, and Film festival stuff) so I'm going to go figure out what my life holds for the next few months :)

2 comments:

Sarah Aldrich said...

Sounds like life is going to get crazy, but knowing you, you'll just grab it by the horns and have a blast. :)

Lins said...

you've never listened to Chasing Cars? why ever not? good grief. it's pretty much in my top ten favorites. ;)

miss you. :)