Sunday, December 26, 2010

...And a happy new year

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas week. I'm doing well, just trying to remember what I need to recap.... let's see....

Well the days leading up to Christmas were spent working on debate (surprise!), spending time with Alex, Courtney, and Brett, and doing a ton of dishes. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. You never truly realize how much dishes baking creates until a holiday comes around. So the combination of Courtney and Sarah's baking made it rather... a lot. I did 5-6 times in one day. And I swear, I washed the same pan like 15 times in two days. :)

Christmas was actually really nice, Sarah did an incredible job. Among the gifts I got was a wallet, a shirt and tie, and a switchblade. Which is really cool. My brothers know how to give gifts :)

I also was able to give my gifts, which were as follows: to James, the Settlers of Catan expansion: Seafarers. To Sarah, a silver necklace. To Brett, a leather messenger Fossil bag. To Alex and Courtney, a gift-card to Fossil, and to Dad, an iPad leather carrying sleeve.

The Edmonds came over in the late afternoon and stayed for dinner. We spent the evening eating, talking, playing interactive games on our iPhones and iPods. It was a blast. (Ben and I also squeezed a little debate in there as well ;) ) We wrapped up the evening by watching an episode of Ben's christmas gift, which is the new Sherlock Holmes series from BBC, which is actually set in modern day. It's BRILLIANT, and very, very well done. I'd encourage you to go watch it :) (please note, it is a little dark, so it may not be suitable for young children)

Today, Alex and Courtney took off for Colorado, just a little while after the church service. I spent the time at church talking politics with Ben, Christian, and Judah Rancourt, and playing Encore with a group of young people. That's a very stressful game :)

Later in the afternoon, dad took me to Nordstrom for my Christmas present and we got a new suit! It's really awesome, it's a three piece (coat, vest, and pants) and it's a really dark navy blue with not-quite-pin-stripe lines running down it. It's really sharp, I'm so excited. I'll try to get some pictures as soon as we get it back from the tailor. The prospect of having two suit options now at debate tournaments makes me happy. And I know that's sad, but that does make me happy :) I'm weird like that, I guess.

After that, my dad and I watched Tron. I actually was very impressed, it was well done, nothing cheesy. There was a couple character development weaknesses, but not very much to complain about. I think most people would enjoy it.

So now, I am home. And tired. And ready to face a new week. We'll see how it unfolds :)

To a new day, an unfading hope, and a never-ending assurance.

Isaac Franklin

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! =D

I know what you mean about enjoying having several suit options at tournaments. Last year I had one suit, this year I have four! It makes things so much easier... ;-)