Sunday, June 27, 2010

Returning to Beaver Country

Why hello there. I'm back, and I feel like I'm relearning how to type on a keyboard... amazing what one week of no technology can do.

The trip to Survival was great. Off the top of my head, I can think of awesome card games in the car, drinking Redbull and then taking a nap, listening to Human by The Killers, ganging up with Quin to tease Lindsey, reuniting with old friends, meeting new ones, gathering the guys together in the cabin each night for devotions and discussion, hiking to the top of a mountain, building shelters, climbing over huge walls, singing songs, cooking breakfast, and much, much more.

This week was also great in that it gave me time to think. Think about all that was happening in my family, and trying to learn how I can best serve them through this hard time.

One of the biggest things I learned though was that I don't need to be in control. I've kinda grown up my whole life having control, but this week, I stepped back and realized that even when things are out of my control, God takes care of me, and all my circumstances. I wish I had learned this lesson much earlier, but now is as good as time as any.

I still have so much to learn, and in so many ways I need to grow. But God doesn't grow someone up all in one day. It's a process. And though it's usually not fun, it's for the best. It's best for my own future, and for everyone close to me.

Prayer is always appreciated, your love is always felt :)

Isaac Franklin

1 comment:

Sarah Aldrich said...

Good to have you back Isaac. I'll definitely continue to pray. Sounds like you had a great week. God's at work!
Your sister in Christ