Thursday, February 17, 2011

Life goes on. What a bother.

There's nothing more entertaining than having to continue through life when you want to take a breather. Unfortunately life never gets tired or wants to take a break. It's rather inconvenient.

Right now, I am writing two debate briefs for our club, researching for my affirmative case, creating a logo for a friend, writing a dramatic interpretation, trying to decide whether or not to compete in Apologetics at the next tournament, and sadly turning down a skiing/snowboarding trip tomorrow in order to finish it all :P Such is life.

Idaho Tournament: It went extremely well! This was the first tournament I truly competed in speech events, and I had a lot of fun. I competed in: Team Policy Debate, Persuasive, Humorous, and Impromptu.

After an exhausting 3 day tournament, my final results were: 8th in Team Policy, 8th place speaker, 7th in persuasive, 2nd in humorous interpretation, 2nd in impromptu, and 5th in sweepstakes. I've discovered I truly enjoy speech events.

The club as a whole did incredibly well, and though I don't have complete postings, I do remember a rather large amount of Rainmakers being called up for awards :)

Now, I'm preparing for the Puget Sound Qualifier up in Washington, and I have a lot of work to do before then :) So farewell for now, I miss you all.

No comments: