Sunday, January 9, 2011

The ups and downs of my life

Just a quick update...

I've been extremely tired lately, probably due to the fact that I've been staying up till like 2am every night :) The time has been spent on my persuasive, duo, and debate. Lots and lots of debate :)

Friday afternoon Ben, Christian and I went to Imago Dei church in Portland to help the team get ready for the Round Robin. Ben and I had a short worship practice and then helped set up the debate rooms, and the student lounge in the gym.

The next morning, I woke up at 5am to get ready for the day. At around 6, Mr. Edmonds picked me up, and then we swung back by the Edmonds before heading back to the church for the tournament.

I have NEVER been so tired at a round robin... After the first round, I just realized I couldn't keep it up, so the rest of the tournament I kinda just focused on making the arguments, and not putting a whole lot of effort into presentation.

The tournament for Ben and I went like this: We hit Placzek/Placzek going AFF (won), then we hit Hofsommer/Travis going NEG (won), then Tardy/Li going NEG (won) and finally Baxter/Walsh going AFF (won).

We ended up placing 2nd place, right behind Chris Riegg and Liz Wolcott, and right in front of Rachel Aldrich and Shelby Bennet, completing a nice Rainmakers trio :) Over all, I believe Rainmakers took 5 of the top 8 slots.

Today, some of the Whatcom debaters came to church at Gresham, so it was nice to spend some time with them away from the tournament setting and just relax. The coffee I got was pretty much the only thing that made me through the day :) I need a lot of rest... like a lot a lot.

On an unrelated note... some friends can be very bi-polar and confusing. They do things that make you stop and wonder if you did something wrong, and have no idea what it might have been. I guess such is life :-/

I'm tired, but happy (for the most part), unsure of how I'm going to make it through this next crazy month, confused, tired and tired. Yep.

Hope you're all enjoying yourselves.

No comments: