Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My life on "paper"

Yes, I know. I'm pretty much the least consistent blogger on the face of the earth. But I am making (another) conscious effort :)

Life has been crazy, yes. For those of you who don't know, I was recently in Tennessee for nearly four weeks working on a feature film with John Moore and HeuMoore Productions. Returning home, I was faced with the reality of my mother's diagnosis of stage IV colon cancer. And while we all pray for a miraculous healing, we are all aware of the fact that if it is God's plan to take my mother home, we have no say in when or how He does so.

Right now, a good deal of the family is here: Mom, Dad, Brett, Sarah, James and myself (all of those living at home) as well as Alex and Courtney, Joel, Kimi and Elena, Josh, Shannon, Emma, Joshua-Quin, and Mary-Kate. My grandmother (on my mom's side) is flying in tomorrow, along with Uncle Steve, Aunt Tani, and Uncle TJ. We're thankful that Mom will be reunited with her siblings and mother again.

I'm also preparing to attend Survival NW, a Teenpact alumni camp in Montana from the 21st-26th of this month. Last year it was an incredible growing experience and I pray that God will do the same work in my heart this time around.

In addition to all of that, I'm preparing for next years speech and debate season. That includes me finishing over 20 apologetics cards in the last two weeks, and preparing and researching debate. It's amazing what a difference one year can make: Last year, I hardly knew how to research by September. This year, I already have a case and it's only June.

Prayer for our whole family would be appreciated. This may very well be one of the toughest trials we go through as a family together. Prayer specifically for me would be that I continue to lean on God. You never realize how much you've been leaning on something or someone until it's taken away from you.

Random thought for the day: I love golf. Although I really stink at it. I guess that means I'll have to stick with one of my favorite past-times of just watching it :)

2 comments:

Rachel Lynn said...

Good to hear from you, Isaac! Have an awesome time at Survival! I can't wait to hear about it.

We'll be praying for you and your family.

~Rachel

Shiloh Strang said...

Hello Isaac! We've been praying for your family!!