Monday, April 26, 2010

My Day, April 26th, 2010

This morning I woke up and after breakfast, I got the debate bug and started researching a few different debate cases, mainly for fun.

At around 11:45, Jed Ko picked me up and we headed over to Team Quest, where we're taking self-defense class and we worked on throwing punches and blocking while moving. It seems trivial, but throwing two technically correct punches while keeping your legs spaced and making sure to keep your hands up to protect your face is hard :P :)

Next we began to review different grappling techniques, the main one being a way of flipping a person who's on top of you off and into a triangle lock, basically cutting off the blood flow to their brain, and knocking them out.

To wrap up we spent 15 minutes practicing punches and kicks, alternating between the punching bag and our trainer.... I was dripping sweat by the time we were done.

I got back and spent some time reading over old emails and conversations that made me smile. There are days when pleasant memories are all that keep me going.

At 7:00, I'm heading off with the family to the cast party for Estranged Identity. Obviously, I can't write about something that hasn't happened :) But either tonight or tomorrow I'll write about it :)

It's raining cats and dogs out here... and the dog is on the table :) :) :)

No comments: